Although the UV flatbed printer can print patterns on the surface of thousands of materials, because of the characteristics of the surface of various materials, the adhesion of UV ink, flexibility, and other performance differences, it’ll cause peeling and peeling on some materials. You wish to use UV coating to unravel this problem.
There are 6 kinds of coatings for UV flatbed printers currently on the market:
1. Glass coating for UV flatbed printer
It is suitable for plexiglass, tempered glass, glazed ceramic tiles, crystals, and other glass materials that need special treatment. At present, there are two forms of quick-drying coating and baking. The previous is often wiped and left for 10 minutes to print the pattern, the latter It must be put into the oven for baking before printing the pattern.
2. PC coating for UV flatbed printer
There are some harder PC materials, usually the adhesion is incredibly poor! Some PC materials don’t need a coating for direct printing! Generally, imported PVC acrylic sheets have to wipe down the pc coating.
3. Metal coating for UV flatbed printer
Metal coating: suitable for aluminum, copper plate, tinplate, aluminum alloy, and other materials. There are two styles transparent and white. It must be used on the finished product. It can’t be used before stamping or injection molding, otherwise, the effects are going to be greatly reduced.
4. Leather coating for UV flatbed printer
It is suitable for real leather, leather, PVC leather, PU leather, etc. After spraying on the surface of the leather material, it will be allowed to dry naturally.
5. ABS coating for UV printer
It is suitable for wood, PVC, ABS, gypsum, thick wrapping paper, acrylic, PS PVC, and other material surfaces. After wiping the coating, it is often printed after natural drying.
6. Silicone coating for UV printers
It is suitable for silicone and rubber materials. The surface activity is poor, and flame treatment is required, otherwise, the adhesion isn’t enough. Supported experience in flame treatment, the surface mustn’t be sprayed too thick, otherwise, it’ll not be easy to dry.
1. The formulations required for the coating have a set ratio and mixing skills, which must be administered in accordance with the instructions;
2. Once it’s found that the coating has chemical reactions like dissolution and blistering with the UV ink, it’s necessary to exchange the coating with better compatibility
3. The irritating smell of the coating is usually relatively large. Masks and disposable gloves will be matched during the operation;
4. Different materials correspond to differing types of coatings. Don’t use one coating to adapt to other materials.
Preservation matters of the coating:
1. Placed in an exceedingly cool, backlit, and ventilated place;
2, after use, the bottle cap has to be tightened in time;
3. Don’t press other materials on it;
4. Don’t put the coating liquid on the bottom, you’ll choose the shelf.